Clix Reveals Top 20 Streaming and “Go To” Movies ’22
The All-Screens Guidance Guru Picks This Year’s Must-See Films
LOS ANGELES–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#ClixAmazonPrimeVideo–Clix, the leading digital “guidance guru” for streaming entertainment today, revealed its annual top 20 choices (with a bonus five!) for this year’s must-see films across all leading streaming platforms, as well as December’s leading theatrical releases. A notable trend this year across all screens: women were fearless, stage-center heroes in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, I Want to Dance with Somebody, Women Talking, She Said, Thor, the Woman King – or anti-heroines like The Batman’s Cat Woman, Tar and Emily the Criminal.
Marvel and D.C. superhero action stars again led the box-office in 2022, trailed closely by blockbuster A-listers and several up-and-comers: Tom Cruise, Miles Teller, Letitia Wright, Robert Pattinson, Zoe Kravitz, Viola Davis, Sam Worthington (voice), Zoe Saldana (voice), Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Brad Pitt, Ewan McGregor (voice), Naomi Ackie, Steve Carrell (voice), and from India’s Bollywood Ram Charan and S. S. Rajamouli.
The box office top gun worldwide so far this year was, well, Top Gun: Maverick at $1.4 Billion followed by Minions: The Rise of Gru with $937 Million, The Batman at $770 Million, Thor: Love and Thunder $417 Million, and Black Panther: Wakanda Forever $339 Million. And though not on our Clix Top 20 list, an additional tip of our streaming cap to the global movie money leaders Jurassic World: Dominion and Marvel’s Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. (Note: The films’ grosses continue to update so stay tuned!)
Methodology for The Clix Top 20 Movies (and Bonus Five) In choosing its must-see list, Clix utilized a combination of factors: global box office; opening weekend; critical acclaim; actor performances; directorial, cinematography, technical and writing excellence, social community response, and uniqueness in driving the art forward. Clix combines artificial intelligence and machine learning as well as expert human editorial curation to winnow down the top 20 from hundreds of streaming productions.
Here is the official Clix Top 20 Streaming & Go To Movies of ’22 along with our Bonus Five. The virtual envelope please…
Clix Top 20 Streaming & Go To Movies of ‘22
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever: Angela Bassett, Letitia Wright — Disney+ (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures )
- The Fabelmans: Gabriel LaBelle, Michelle Williams – Theaters (Universal Pictures)
- Top Gun: Maverick: Tom Cruise, Miles Teller — Paramount+ 12-22 (Paramount Pictures)
- Tar: Cate Blanchett, Nina Hoss – Theaters (Focus Features)
- Minions: The Rise of Gru: Steve Carell, Michelle Yeoh – Peacock (Universal Pictures)
- Women Talking: Claire Foy, Frances McDormand — Theaters (United Artists and Universal Pictures)
- She Said: Zoe Kazan, Carey Mulligan – Theaters (Universal Pictures)
- Elvis: Austin Butler, Tom Hanks – HBO Max (Warner Bros. Discovery)
- The Banshees of Inisherin: Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeson — Theaters (Searchlight Pictures)
- Woman King: Viola Davis, Thuso Mbedu – Theaters (Sony Pictures)
- Everything Everywhere All At Once: Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan — Paramount+(A24 Studios)
- Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery: Daniel Craig, Kate Hudson — Theaters & Netflix (Netflix)
- Bones and All: Timothee Chalamet, Taylor Russell – Disney+ (United Artists Releasing, MGM, Warner Bros. Discovery)
- Avatar: The Way of Water: Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana — Theaters (20th Century Studios)
- Thor: Love and Thunder: Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman – Disney+ (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)
- Nope: Daniel Kaluuya, Keke Palmer – Peacock (Universal Pictures)
- Bullet Train: Brad Pitt, Aaron Taylor-Johnson – Netflix (Sony Pictures Releasing)
- Guillermo Del Toro’s Pinocchio: Gregory Mann, Ewan McGregor – Theaters (Netflix)
- The Son: Hugh Jackman, Vanessa Kirby – Theaters (Sony Pictures Classics)
- Emily The Criminal: Aubrey Plaza, Theo Rossi — PPV: Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV, Redbox, Google Play, YouTube, Vudu
Clix 5 Top Bonus Movies
- Batman: Robert Pattinson, Zoe Kravitz — PPV: Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, Spectrum TV, Vudu, Redbox, Apple TV (Warner Bros. Discovery)
- The Whale: Brendan Fraser, Sadie Sink — Theaters 12-9 (A24)
- I Wanna Dance with Somebody: Naomi Ackie, Ashton Sanders — Theaters 12-23 (Sony Pictures)
- RRR: Ram Charan, S.S. Rajamouli — Netflix
- Triangle of Sadness: Woody Harrelson, Charlbi, Dean Kriek – Theaters (SF Studios)
For more information visit: www.clixtv.com
Clix Inc. is a free-to-consumer multi-platform streaming company at the intersection of entertainment, technology and e-commerce. It reaches 120 million digital television homes, and streams to more than 100 million online viewers monthly. It has distribution on every screen for mobile, web and home consumption: along with the company’s web, iOS and Android applications. Clix is carried on over 80 long-form linear channels and platforms, including Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, IMDb TV, Box One, LG Smart TV, and all Plex TV channels. Clix is a promotional champion of top series and movies on major streaming platforms, making it simpler for viewers to find what they want to watch and subscribe to leading streaming services. Clix is also a promotional venue for theatrically released feature films. Clix also showcases original entertainment, lifestyle, humor and sports programming from award-winning producers and emerging talent. Clix is a platform for social media influencers, celebrity athletes, chefs, comedians, musicians, eSports commentators, adventurers, and more. Its range of content spans Hot Trends, Extreme Sports, Fashion & Lifestyle, Travel & Adventure, Funny, Food & Wellness, Music, Fitness, Kids Stuff, and more. Clix is an immersive, direct-to-consumer brand experience where viewers can watch, shop and earn Clix cash rewards redeemable for brand products or for charities they support.
Clix Leadership Team
Edward M. Sullivan is Clix founder and CEO. He is a recipient of multiple Emmy and Telly Awards for his entertainment industry marketing and branding as head of Pittard-Sullivan, which launched and re-launched over 200 channels worldwide, including CBS, ABC, Fox, HBO, Discovery Communications, and DirecTV. Sullivan was a catalyst in driving viewers to specific programs and networks for distributors, studios, content creators, and advertisers. His company also worked closely with Jolna on developing the brand and network-like interface for personal video recorder company TiVo and Microsoft’s WebTV.
Stacy Jolna, founder and Chief Marketing Officer, is the recipient of multiple News & Documentary Emmy Awards, the Cannes Lion and the Peabody Award. He has stood at the crossroads of media and technology for three decades. As a founding executive team member of TiVo, another successful industry disrupter, Jolna helped propel the company from concept to successful IPO and billion dollar market capitalization on Nasdaq. He served as Chief Marketing Officer building the iconic TiVo brand and running point on investments by nearly every major media company. Jolna went on to serve as SVP and General Manager for News Corp/TV Guide’s Digital TV Group. A successful broadcast journalism executive prior to going digital, at Time Warner/CNN he was Senior V.P. and Senior Executive Producer for CNN Special Reports and launched award-winning “CNN Presents.”
Patricia Sullivan, founder and Chief Creative Officer, is an award-winning entertainment industry entrepreneur who built several production and post-production companies from concept to multi-million dollar exits. A veteran Hollywood producer, her innovative productions helped launch networks and TV shows globally. Patricia has created movie trailers driving opening weekend box office revenues beyond the $100 million mark for studios such as Disney. Patricia’s work has been honored with top awards including ATAS (Emmy), NY Film Festival, Monitor, Belding, BDA, Houston Film Festival, Gracie and Telly.
Debra Sharon Davis
Davis Communications Group, Inc.