Energous to Showcase Over-the-Air Wireless Charging Technology for IoT Devices at CES 2023
Company’s award-winning technology will be featured at its booth (#50726) alongside partner products
SAN JOSE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Energous Corporation (NASDAQ: WATT), a leading developer of RF-based charging for wireless power networks, today announced that the company will be demonstrating its technology and WattUp-powered partner products at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2023), taking place January 5-8, 2023 in Las Vegas, NV. Energous will have a booth presence on the show floor at the Venetian Expo Hall.
Demonstrations at the Energous booth (#50726) include:
- Multi-Spectral Light Sensor: Intended for vertical farming and Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA), Energous and its partner ams OSRAM will demonstrate a wirelessly powered multi-spectral light sensor used by the agriculture industry to optimize lighting for maximum results.
- Smart Football: A “smart” football from Energous partner Catapult, wirelessly powered over-the-air by its WattUp technology.
- Wall of Wiliot: An augmented reality experience of real-time data being received from Wiliot’s Internet of Things (IoT) Pixels, energized by WattUp PowerBridges. This unique and immersive experience enables visitors to easily visualize the behaviors of sensing and data transfer that can otherwise not be seen.
- CO2 Sensor: Maintenance-free CO2 sensors from Sensirion, powered wirelessly over the air from Energous WattUp PowerBridges, for Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) improvement in industrial and commercial applications.
- Wiliot IoT Pixel Tag Printer: The CL4NX Plus industrial thermal printer from SATO, modified to print postage stamp-sized Wiliot battery-free IoT Pixel sensor tags, which power themselves by harvesting radio waves and ambient IoT.
- Sensor Evaluation Kit: In partnership with Atmosic, Energous will highlight its Wirelessly Powered Sensor evaluation kit, which combines an Energous 1W WattUp PowerBridge with two Atmosic-based battery-free sensors and a mobile application to receive sensor data via Bluetooth LE.
- Harvesting Evaluation Kit: In partnership with e-peas, this Wireless Energy Harvesting Evaluation Kit gives attendees a hands-on experience with Energous’ WattUp technology and e-peas’ energy harvesting management chip for applications such as ESLs, asset trackers, sensors, BLE beacons and other small devices.
- Electronic Shelf Labels (ESL): Wirelessly-powered ESLs, used for IoT and retail applications will be demonstrated.
“2022 was a year of important milestones for our WattUp wireless power networks for IoT, which is now approved in nine regions and four of the top five markets globally,” said Cesar Johnston, CEO of Energous. “2023 will see further explosion of IoT deployments, which require consistent power without replaceable batteries or power cables. We are excited to showcase our technology at CES 2023 at our booth number 50726.”
The annual electronics show is hosted by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA) and the 2023 event will be held in person and virtually, giving individuals on a global scale access to the world’s most innovating industry leaders and technologies. In November, Energous’ WattUp wireless charging technology was named a CES® 2023 Innovation Awards Honoree for the second year in a row within the Embedded Technology category.
To schedule an appointment to visit Energous’ booth at CES 2023, please contact your Energous representative or email [email protected]. To learn more about Energous, please visit Energous.com or follow the company’s corporate pages on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
About Energous Corporation
Energous Corporation (NASDAQ: WATT) is the Wireless Power Network global leader. Its award-winning WattUp® solution is the only technology that supports both contact and distance charging through a fully compatible ecosystem. Built atop fast, efficient, and highly scalable RF-based charging technology, WattUp is positioned to offer improvements over older, first-generation coil-based charging technologies in power, efficiency, foreign device detection, freedom of movement and overall cost for industrial and retail IoT, smart homes, smart cities and medical devices. Energous develops silicon-based wireless power transfer (WPT) technologies and customizable reference designs, and provides worldwide regulatory assistance, a reliable supply chain, quality assurance, and sales and technical support to global customers. The company received the world’s first FCC Part 18 certification for at-a-distance wireless charging and has been awarded over 200 patents for its WattUp wireless charging technology to-date.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and the safe-harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements other than statements of historical fact included in this press release are forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements may describe our future plans and expectations and are based on the current beliefs, expectations and assumptions of Energous. These statements generally use terms such as “believe,” “expect,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “could,” “seek,” “intend,” “plan,” “estimate,” “anticipate” or other similar terms. Examples of our forward-looking statements in this release include, but are not limited to, our statements about the future of the global wireless charging industry, statements based on third parties’ market analyses, statements about our technology and its expected functionality, statements about any governmental approvals we may need to operate our business, statements with respect to the potential total addressable market for our current technologies and future products, and statements with respect to expected company growth. Factors that could cause actual results to differ from current expectations include: uncertain timing of any necessary regulatory approvals; timing of customer product development and market success of customer products; our dependence on distribution partners; and intense industry competition. We urge you to consider those factors, together with the other risks and uncertainties described in our most recent annual report on Form 10-K as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), any subsequently filed quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, as well as any other documents that may have been subsequently filed by Energous, from time to time, with the SEC, in evaluating our forward-looking statements. In addition, any forward-looking statements represent Energous’ views only as of the date of this release and should not be relied upon as representing its views as of any subsequent date. Energous does not assume any obligation to update any forward-looking statements unless required by law.
Energous Public Relations:
Energous Investor Relations: