|Page (1) of 1 - 07/10/18||email article||print page|
Global Security Exchange (GSX) Exhibit Hall to Spotlight Innovations and Trends Shaping Security(July 10, 2018)
Reimagined show floor will feature leading-edge tech demos, experiential learning, and industry career fair—delivering greater value, opportunities for security professionals to forge business-building relationships
ALEXANDRIA, Va., July 10, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ASIS International, the world’s largest association of security management professionals, today unveiled plans for enhanced learning, career development opportunities, and access to the groundbreaking technologies shaping the future of the security industry, as part of an exhibit hall like no other at the 2018 Global Security Exchange (GSX). In the first year of its rebrand following a 63-year history as the ASIS Annual Seminar and Exhibits, GSX, the security industry’s flagship event, is expected to attract 550 exhibitors and more than 20,000 operational and cyber security professionals to engage in learning, networking and hands-on exploration, Sept 23-27 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
“ASIS does an incredible job providing programing that focuses on some of the industry’s most innovative emerging physical and cyber security technology. I’ve never been to an event where the keynotes and sessions connect so comprehensively to what’s happening on the show floor,” said Drew Weston, Director of Sales and Marketing at CodeLynx, Inc. “The integration of the programing and exhibits is truly seamless.”
At GSX, the exhibit hall will be transformed into a learning lab environment featuring thousands of security products, technologies and service solutions, as well as immersive learning opportunities designed to connect the current threat landscape, as well as emerging risks, with leading solutions available in the marketplace. New show floor features include:
- X Learning Theaters:
- X Stage—features leading-edge technologies and their impacts across the industry, examining innovations like blockchain and cryptocurrencies, AI, drones and robotics, social media and the digital self;
- Xcelerated Exchange Stage—provides a forum for the critical discussions that need to take place between practitioners and solution providers to proactively address the current and future security landscape; and
- Xperience Stage—showcases case studies and other tried-and-true best practices that address security challenges facing practitioners across all industry sectors, including active shooter scenarios, bullying in the healthcare industry, and the risks associated with hosting a public event at cultural institutions.
- Career HQ, with new career fair and enhanced career center:
- Job seekers will have access to resume reviews, a headshot studio, career coaching, professional development sessions and networking opportunities with employers and peers—all free. The new career fair will have top companies looking to hire talent, such as the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Apple.
- D3 Xperience (Drones, Droids, Defense):
- Supported by Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI), D3 will deliver an immersive learning experience focused on the impact of Unmanned Systems on the security industry. Education and demos will showcase the emerging technology around the use of drones, droids and counter-UAV defense systems.
- Innovative Product Awards (IPAs) Showcase:
- The 2018 Innovative Product Awards highlights the new products and services on the GSX show floor that are poised to disrupt the security marketplace. The submission deadline is August 3.
In addition to these features, the exhibit floor will house an International Trade Center and the ASIS Hub, which includes access to ASIS Council representatives, live streaming interviews, and fireside chats.
“We have completely re-engineered GSX to provide more opportunities for security practitioners, solution providers, students, military and first responders. From Career HQ and the International Trade Center to our three unique theaters of education and live demos, attendees and exhibitors will find tremendous value in our immersive, engaging, and informative expo hall,” said Richard E. Chase, CPP, PCI, PSP, 2018 president, ASIS International. “There is no other event that compares to what GSX is offering this year, and we’re just getting started. We will continue to evolve and grow GSX in the years ahead as a part of our new brand promise to unite the full spectrum of security professionals to create the only global 'must attend' security event.”
GSX brings together attendees, exhibitors and press from more than 100 countries. To learn more and to register, visit www.gsx.org/register. Members of the press are eligible to receive a free all-access pass, including keynote presentations, education sessions, and the show floor. Email [email protected] with your media credentials to register.
About Global Security Exchange
Entering its 64th year, Global Security Exchange (formerly the ASIS International Annual Seminar & Exhibits) is the world’s most comprehensive event for security professionals worldwide, dedicated to addressing fast-paced changes across the industry with a focus on immersive learning, revitalized networking, and a reimagined exhibit floor.
Attendance at GSX directly supports scholarship programs and the development of education, certification, and standards and guidelines year-round. ASIS International remains dedicated to expanding and enriching knowledge sharing, best practices, and peer-to-peer connections so security professionals across disciplines—and at all stages of their career—can get access to the information and resources they need to succeed. For information, visit www.GSX.org.
About ASIS International
Founded in 1955, ASIS International is the world's largest membership organization for security management professionals. With hundreds of chapters across the globe, ASIS is recognized as the premier source for learning, networking, standards, and research. Through its board certifications, award-winning Security Management magazine, and?Global Security Exchange?(formerly the Annual Seminar and Exhibits)—the most influential event in the profession—ASIS ensures its members and the security community have access to the intelligence and resources necessary to protect their people, property, and information assets. ?Learn more about the work we do at?www.asisonline.org.
A video accompanying this announcement is available at
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at